canberrabirds

Specimens for the ANWC

To: 'COG Chatline' <>
Subject: Specimens for the ANWC
From: Mark Clayton <>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 05:29:39 +0000

Good afternoon all,

For reasons that I will not go in to, I am no longer willing to pick up specimens that people find and wish to donate to the CSIRO museum (the ANWC). As far as I am aware the Collection Manager, Robert Palmer , is on extended leave so if people want to donate specimens to the ANWC I suggest you email the Director, Dr Leo Joseph to see if he is interested in the specimen. I am in negotiations, via a third party, to possibly pick up road kills etc and donate them to another institution. If this is approved I will let the chat line know and will start collecting for that institution.

Could the COG Webmaster please delete the information concerning my collecting specimens from people as currently noted on the web site and insert the details of staff at the ANWC who can be contacted. Please leave in the information about preparing the specimen for later collection.

I will still handle any information concerning banded birds and pass that on to the Australian Bird and Bat Banding Schemes.

Regards,

Mark