canberrabirds

ACT Snipe Surveys

To: 'Lori Gould' <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, 'Alison Russell-French' <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "'Galpin, Brandon'" <>
Subject: ACT Snipe Surveys
From: Don Fletcher <>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 07:36:07 +0000

Hi Lori

cc others

No snipe seen this morning from 6 to 7 am at the big Mulligans Flat dam  The sedges are now in water which is too deep for snipe.  I also checked grassy areas inundated by the higher water level both below and above the dam, which looked potentially a bit snipey.

Air temperature 3-4 degrees.  Wind calm, no cloud, no rain, mist rising off water.  Estimated depth of big dam:  who knows, 8 m??  Tree height  10 m ??   I was the only surveyor. I did not see any other people in the area.  Distance travelled around large dam = 1.6 km. cheers, Don