canberrabirds

Mob of Red-rumped Parrots

To: 'Jack & Andrea Holland' <>, 'B&RGraham' <>, "" <>
Subject: Mob of Red-rumped Parrots
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 04:29:55 +0000

One little extra -and I have never seen them in such a big gathering in ACT or elsewhere, is that they can be very localised. Over 30 years at my Kambah home I get several observations of them probably every year, though I doubt there would ever be more than 10 (typically 2 or 4) and usually just observed flying over. Earlier this week I did have five feeding on the ground together within my GBS area and that is unusual. Within about 1 km though on the sports grounds and around the houses nearby there they are there most of the time and groups of up to 20 or 30 are typical.

Philip