canberrabirds

FW: Breeding Wedge tail eagle Kambah

To: 'Julian Robinson' <>, "'canberrabirds chatline'" <>, "" <>
Subject: FW: Breeding Wedge tail eagle Kambah
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 12:49:17 +0000
I did the blitz survey there back in October. The pair of WtE were certainly
looking as though breeding was likely there at the time, as indeed I had
noticed them there on many other times. I did not record breeding as I did
not know. (Maybe a 'Di"). I had a vague intention to explore further but my
capacity on the day ruled it out as I did not know where on the hill to
look. The frequency at which I see the species over my house over the past
30 years certainly shows them as resident nearby. Indeed doing the Kambah
Pool stroll the species is encountered probably more often than not either
flying over Bullen range or the river. The only nest I have seen nearby was
many years ago on the opposite bank of the river on Bullen range. Somewhat
past the nudey area of Kambah Pool.