canberrabirds

Visitor from WA seeks Diamond Firetail for photos.

To: Paul Sellers <>
Subject: Visitor from WA seeks Diamond Firetail for photos.
From: "Valentine, Peter" <>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 03:37:06 +0000
I suggest you walk in to the London Bridge Homestead, Burra (South Googong Foreshores) where a 2.2 km walk takes you to the old homestead across the Burra River. At the homestead itself there are Diamond Firetails (and also along the river), as well as several other excellent birds. I was there yesterday and saw about 11 Diamond Firetails. Also Flame Robins, Hooded Robin, Brown Treecreeper and lots of Red-browed Finch. The Diamond Firetails were quite approachable as they fed on the ground or sometimes when perched in the homestead orchard trees. I have visited this site three times in the last few weeks and the firetails have been there every time. I took some nice photographs yesterday (I was there about 10.00 am).

For the Superb Parrots wait for insight from others …

Peter Valentine

Malanda  4096 6171
0427 634 136 (no reception at home)

On 01/09/2015, at 8:05 AM, Paul Sellers <>