canberrabirds

Visitor from WA seeks Diamond Firetail for photos.

To: 'Paul Sellers' <>, 'COG List' <>
Subject: Visitor from WA seeks Diamond Firetail for photos.
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 00:33:01 +0000

Giving a very broad answer here (and in the context that I rarely travel to north Canberra). For Superb Parrots concentrate on reserves on the north- west side of Canberra. They are rare on the south. As for Diamond Firetails concentrate on south side of Canberra, especially the farmland are on the way to Tidbinbilla being one place you mentioned but search before you get there. They are regular at Castle Hill and various places along the roads to & from Tharwa. Of the places you have mentioned: Jerrabomberra (assuming you mean the wetlands at Kellys Swamp), Tidbinbilla and the Botanic Gardens are all very unlikely places for both these species (although top for general birding).

Philip