canberrabirds

Turner, the powerful owl update

To: 'Don Fletcher' <>, 'COG List' <>
Subject: Turner, the powerful owl update
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 01:59:23 +0000

There are many studies of diet of PO over the years. (When I did my honours year, Sue Tilley was another student in my cohort who did one.) As for assessing these issues there is the possibility that perhaps smaller prey (if indeed they do) is eaten during the first night or where it is caught and less likely to show in pellets) and only the bigger prey are held for the next day at the roost, so such information may easily be biased towards bigger items. They are also known to sometimes take young koalas.

Philip