canberrabirds

Kingfisher Park lodge @ Julatten nth of Cairns

To: Suzanne EDGAR <>
Subject: Kingfisher Park lodge @ Julatten nth of Cairns
From: John Brown <>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 22:35:14 +0000

I stayed there for 4 nights a couple of years ago. I don't really know what you are looking for, but personally I found it to be a lovely homely place. While obviously past its prime, it was comfortable and clear, with a wealth of birds and habitats on the grounds and within easy walking distance, with many more within easy drive. Being less familiar with birding in the tropics it took me a bit to get my eye in to locating the birds I could here calling, but this was aided by morning and evening bird walks by the hosts, as well as other guests who were also mainly birdwatchers. It's in a beautiful area of mixed farm land and rain forest. For a week if certainly see it as a base for doing things around that region. I catered for myself, which takes a bit more logistics. I am not sure where the nearest bistros/restaurants are.

I'll certainly go back when I am in that area as it is a lovely place to base yourself for a birdwatching holiday!

John

Ps. Under previous owners it features in The Big Twitch