canberrabirds

London Bridge Homestead

To: 'Julie Clark' <>, 'COG Chatline' <>
Subject: London Bridge Homestead
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 05:13:54 +0000

Yes good photos and easy to identify it as a Brown Falcon. The untidy arrangement of brown & white colours, the face pattern, scruffy plumage and inelegant stance, the longish bare legs, the dark feathers over the top of the legs, all are clear characters. Strangely perched zygodactylous with outer toe behind the branch............

I think that area is one of few places where brown treecreepers occur (apart from Angle Crossing & Castle Hill area).

Philip