canberrabirds

London Bridge Homestead

To: "COG_Mailing_List " <>
Subject: London Bridge Homestead
From: John Brown <>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 08:29:56 +0000

I walked from the Woolshed to London Bridge Homestead, wandering around the Homestead area between 10-11am, the returning to the Woolshed. I ticked the following:

Australian Magpie

Australian Pipit (? on a wire... see photo)

Australian Raven

Brown Falcon

Common Starling

Crimson Rosella

Diamond Firetail

Eastern Rosella

Fan-tailed Cuckoo (Heard only)

Flame Robin

Galah

Grey Shrikethrush

Hooded Robin

Laughing Kookaburra (Heard only)

Maned Duck (aka Australian Wood Duck)

Noisy Miner (in proximity to Woolshed only)

Pied Currawong

Red-browed Finch

Southern Whiteface

Sulphur-crested Cockatoo (in proximity to Woolshed only)

Superb Fairywren

Tree Martin

Wedge-tailed Eagle

Welcome Swallow

White-winged Chough (in proximity to Woolshed only)

Yellow-rumped Thornbill

The vast majority of these were seen around the homestead, especially on the small knoll behind the homestead.

Attached are photos of the “Australia Pipit”. It was on a wire! Is it really a Pipit?? It looks like one but I’d never expect to see one on a wire!

John