canberrabirds

Swift Parrots in Ainslie

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Swift Parrots in Ainslie
From: Tun Pin ONG <>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 03:39:47 +0000
Dear Canberran Birders,

Since the Swift Parrots may be still hanging around. It is worthwhile to keep an eye on an individual whether it is still around. Early June I had noticed at least on 2 visits an individual that showed sign of abnormal right claw.

Attached please find the photo link to an otherwise crappy photo that shows the claws protruding outwards that were not used to cling on the branch.

Apology that I was not able to attach photos to this group easily due to size constraint and I am not familiar with resizing using my current iMac Photo application.

or generally my photos of Swiftie

Many thanks to Steve and whoever reported the sighting, showed the direction and showed me at the field earlier. Many, including myself had a very rewarding encounter with this very rare parrot.

Regards,
Tun Pin