canberrabirds

Magpie-lark diving into the water

To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: Magpie-lark diving into the water
From: Con Boekel <>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 09:44:58 +0000
Hi
While waiting for the Swift Parrots to co-operate with my photographic
endeavours, a Magpie-lark provided some light relief. The behaviour,
which I had not noted before, consisted of the bird from the water's
edge doing a backflip which ended with the bird diving into the water in
a vertical fall, entering the water beak first. See attached.
regards
Con