canberrabirds

Tagged Magpie

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: Tagged Magpie
From: Marg Peachey <>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 09:57:43 +1100
From old "Wildlife Foundation" days, we were not able to band released birds because of the poor return rate.  Dead birds are not often found - usually food for cats or foxes.

marg

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 9:55 AM, Philip Veerman <> wrote:
That is all reasonably sensible and understandable. My question is if they are given a plastic band, why aren't they also given an official ABBBS band? To meet the official protocols. I remember intentions from the wildlife foundation to start doing that 30 years ago. That would also give greater chance of getting more information (even though magpies don't move far).