canberrabirds

No Whistling-ducks at Jerrabomberra this morning

To: "" <>
Subject: No Whistling-ducks at Jerrabomberra this morning
From: David McDonald personal <>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:12:15 +1100
Hi, on Thursday afternoon at 4.20 pm I counted 67 PLWHDU at Trucking Yard Lane dam, none at B'dore Meadows Dam and none at B'dore Sewage Treatment Works.  Just a handful of shelducks at the Meadows dam and two at the Sewage Works. One Royal Spoonbill at the Sewage works which was nice.

Unusually, about 15 PLWHDU were grazing in the grass (looks like bare ground) close to the dam. As Julienne said, some were in the water, just floating though, I did not see any on-water feeding.

David

Sent from David McDonald's iPad
Tel/SMS 0416 231 890 (national)
Tel/SMS +61 416 231 890 (international)