canberrabirds

Species that have swooped me

To: Cog line <>
Subject: Species that have swooped me
From: Susanne Gardiner <>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 03:35:11 +0000 (UTC)
I've been swooped by Peregrine Falcon (while climbing, though keeping clear of their nests), Magpies (rarely though), Noisy Miners, Minahs and Red Wattlebirds.

Yesterday was scolded by a Red Wattlebird as I just found it's nest. Looked like it was defending a fairly "fresh" Koel chick (at Depot Beach).

… and then I just had a Crimson Rosella connect with the top of my head as I was hanging up the washing. Not sure though that it was swooping. I think it might have been an accident and it might have wanted to perch on the washing line before getting into my plums, saw me at last second and just skated over my head.

We used to have Magpie Larks here that would swoop everyone and anything in the neighbours' yard, but not us. With us they'd walk around with us in the garden, snatching up insects that were flushed out when we did gardening.