canberrabirds

Species that have swooped me

To: "'Cog line'" <>
Subject: Species that have swooped me
From: "David" <>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 17:30:41 +1100

I am always fascinated and amused by the antics of Grey Fantails when they seem to be trying to distract an interloper straying too close to their nest.  But I was positively thrilled the other day to have two Rufous Fantails doing a similar thing: dancing with their beautiful tails fully splayed and singing manically on a branch just two metres from me.  This went on for a minute or more.  I always savour even a glimpse of a RF so this was a real treat.