canberrabirds

Id Help please

To: "'Philip Veerman'" <>, <>
Subject: Id Help please
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:07:16 +1100

I am about to send off to Michael Lenz in his role of Editor of CBN, a record of a Square-tailed Kite (plus another species) that have not been previously recorded for COG’s Area of Interest. It was seen by Richard Allen and Paul Mahoney, two very competent observers that had seen the species previously, and myself who is very familiar with the species from surveys along the East Australian coast and elsewhere, and Chris Davey who had not seen the species before.

The Square-tailed Kite is becoming increasingly common along the South Coast as Bob Rusk and others have noted on this and other forums.

I also sent Julie an email confirming the species as a Black Kite – sometimes I forget to hit “reply to all”.

Mark