canberrabirds

yfhes

To: Elizabeth Compston <>, Birds Canberra <>
Subject: yfhes
From: djflotek flotek <>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:33:10 +0000
Over the last month or so, I've observed hundreds upon hundreds of honey eaters flying over from the Brindabella's (west) to the east in the Kambah area.
I must admit, I've never known 100% whether they were White Naped, Yellow Faced or what -- shows how much I know. You can never get a good look at them when they are flying 10 to 20 metres above you. Anyway, whilst they are flying, they all make the same sound, and it sounds like what starts at 30 seconds in to the audio of the Yellow Faced Honey Eater call at the COG URL here: http://canberrabirds.org.au/our-birds/canberra-garden-birds/honeyeaters/yellow-faced-honeyeater
I'm assuming yes, but have never bothered to find out. None the less, there's been literally thousands of them flying over for a good while now....