canberrabirds

Visitor - ID help please

To: <>
Subject: Visitor - ID help please
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 22:59:46 +1100
I did not know either way about the sex difference. I just looked in the book "Aviculture in Australia" (Mark Shephard 1994), which says of his species: the male has a black & pink collar (as in the photo) but the female does not show that feature, being basically green.

It also says that one of the mutations is sex linked in which the birds are yellow and males have a white collar, another, blue, mutation is on an autosomal chromosome (not sex linked).