canberrabirds

Painted h'eater/Stony Ck

To: "'COG list'" <>
Subject: Painted h'eater/Stony Ck
From: "Neil Williams" <>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 09:05:33 +1100
Hi everyone.  The Painted Honeyeaters are still around.  At 7.45am today one
was flitting around and singing from the highest dead branches on the tall
gum immediately on the car park(north) side of the gate and sign marking the
entrance to Stony Creek NR.  The tree is on the uphill side of the track.

When I first photographed it, looking straight at its front, I thought it
was one of the many male white-winged trillers that I'd already sent in the
gate area.  Then I noticed the beak was red.  Then it turned side on and
there were the yellow splashes on the wing. Fantastic - a lifer.

Thanks to all for the postings about this rare visitor that helped me this
lifer.

Neil Williams