canberrabirds

Re: ID issues

To: canberra birds <>
Subject: Re: ID issues
From: Susanne Gardiner <>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 10:48:45 +0100 (BST)

Hi Philip

I actually have seen Peregrine Falcons from that angle - below me and flying towards me - while doing some rock climbing.

LBB and LYB are little brown birds and little yellow birds. They usually move between you and the sun so you mainly see the silhouette - if at all, or on the other side of the trunk of the tree they are are on and never sit still enough to make out useful features other than the main colour. I swear they do that on purpose.

Susanne