canberrabirds

Fw: 22 August � Watch politicians debate the hunting issue LIVE

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: Fw: 22 August � Watch politicians debate the hunting issue LIVE
From: <>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:18:20 +1000

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:36 AM

NO HUNTING in National Parks

Watch the debate live from the gallery in NSW Parliament House

"Hunting in national parks"

4pm, Thursday 22nd August

Thanks to all the work on the ground by individuals and organisations to get petitions physically signed, we were able to present over 11,500 signatures from individuals who opposed hunting in national parks to the NSW Government.

Alex Greenwich, Member for Sydney tabled these signatures a few months back so that the issue can be debated in the “People’s Parliament” on Thursday 22 August.

Two politicians from either side, including Alex Greenwich, will debate the matter for 25 minutes.

Arrive promptly to Parliament for 4pm for a kick off time of 4:30pm. Remember you need time to pass through security, get inside and take a seat.

It’s important we fill the rafters with supporters from the “No Hunting in National Parks” campaign to remind the NSW Government that it made the right decision on this matter.

Say Thanks!

Write a brief thank you to some politicians who did a lot of work behind the scenes to help ensure an amateur, recreational hunting program never got off the ground.

Alex Greenwich:
Luke Foley:
David Shoebridge:

Thanks to everyone who came along and/or sent in questions for our recent forum on national parks. I will be sending out a brief summary of the questions and answers next week.

Justin McKee
Campaign Coorindator, National Parks Association of NSW