canberrabirds

Re: FW: [canberrabirds] Fwd: [Birding-Aus] First, hunting in NSW Nationa

To: Mark Clayton <>
Subject: Re: FW: [canberrabirds] Fwd: [Birding-Aus] First, hunting in NSW National Parks, now logging
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 15:23:42 +1000
I raised the matter with Steve Whan MLC (and former ALP member for Monaro) who very quickly replied ".. we certainly would not even consider it!"

Very pleasing to see.

On 13 May 2013 12:59, martin butterfield <> wrote:
The key phrase in the SMH article provided by Sandra was IMHO the one highlighted below.

"Environment Minister Robyn Parker said in a statement: ''The NSW government does not support commercial logging in national parks and has no plans to allow it. Once the committee's report is finalised and tabled in Parliament, the government will respond in the usual fashion.''

The usual fashion is surely "Yes, Mr Brown."

I await with bated breath the response from the ALP and wonder why they haven't joined The Greens in immediately condemning this.

I can see where Mark is coming from in the last paragraph of his reply, but reckon he is a bit harsh on monkeys.

Martin