canberrabirds

First, hunting in NSW National Parks, now logging

To: "'martin butterfield'" <>
Subject: First, hunting in NSW National Parks, now logging
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 14:59:13 +1000
I learned something from this. I never understood "bated breath" and I thought, as apparently do many other people, that it was meant to be "baited breath". That is of course an absurd combination of words. A quick search in the internet showed lots of references demonstrating that and why the correct spelling is bated breath. So thanks Martin.

Although I hope and expect "the usual fashion" is to reject this dumb idea.

Philip

-----Original Message-----From: martin butterfield [ Sent: Monday, 13 May 2013 1:00 PM      To: Mark Clayton
Cc: COG List

The key phrase in the SMH article provided by Sandra was IMHO the one highlighted below.

"Environment Minister Robyn Parker said in a statement: ''The NSW government does not support commercial logging in national parks and has no plans to allow it. Once the committee's report is finalised and tabled in Parliament, the government will respond in the usual fashion.''

The usual fashion is surely "Yes, Mr Brown."

I await with bated breath the response from the ALP and wonder why they haven't joined The Greens in immediately condemning this.

I can see where Mark is coming from in the last paragraph of his reply, but reckon he is a bit harsh on monkeys.

Martin