canberrabirds

Pair of Peregrine Falcons at Weston Creek & WTE at home.

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: Pair of Peregrine Falcons at Weston Creek & WTE at home.
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 18:16:11 +1000

This afternoon about 3 pm I was driving towards city along Tuggeranong parkway and just before going under the Cotter Road bridge noticed two raptors flying, fortunately in the same direction as me and after going under the bridge, I had them flying sort of close above me for about 100 metres (whilst I was going at about 90 km/h and pretending to drive safely) or long enough to be sure of what they were (a pair of Peregrine Falcons).

Yesterday whilst washing dishes at home, I was alerted by alarm calls of magpies and went outside to look where they were looking and had a pair of Wedge-tailed Eagles flying over the home in tight circles for a minute or 2. Then they were joined by a third one and all flew off in the same northwards trajectory. Probably a pair and one juvenile but that is a guess.