canberrabirds

Out of area - request for info.

To: Rod's Gardening <>, "" <>
Subject: Out of area - request for info.
From: Bob Rusk <>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 19:50:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Rod !
I was out that way 10 mths ago and stayed at Kilcowera Station which is on the west side of L Wyara and not far away from Currawinya at all.  Its a large property and there's individual camping sites spaced out along the wide creek giving total privacy and the bird life was prolific,it was like a birdwatchers chocolate box. You can drive from the property to the the shores of L. Wyara and look from there but a scope would be handy but its really worth a look. It has its own web site you can visit to check on fees and if its still has good conditions as there was when I was there. Noccundra creek area (free camping) was good also, as was Yowah (hot baths),has a birdo contact in BBQ shelter. Kyabra Creek (free camping) and Windorah too but remembering they had had exceptional rain some month before I visited there, so all the rivers and creeks were up and there were birds everywhere. The Quilpie area was good for Black-breasted Buzzards,Spotted Harriers etc actually it was good for most raptors. Writing this has brought back wonderful memories flooding back and the 4 weeks spent going to through the Simpson Desert and the 165 species we seen,including a Grey Falcon, so much so do you think I could possibly squeeze in with you on the trip ?
Bob