canberrabirds

Jerra ( drying again ) wetlands 4/4/13

To: "'kym bradley'" <>
Subject: Jerra ( drying again ) wetlands 4/4/13
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 11:16:32 +1100
Your "This raptor appeared to have a lump in the crop area, unless it had just had a feed" is an immature Brown Goshawk (I'm not sure if you knew that). Your "it had just had a feed" is surely the reason for the "lump in the crop area". I wonder if it can be determined from the photo if the Cisticola is a young bird.