canberrabirds

Fw: A petition for the shorebird program

To: Milton-Ulladulla Birdwatching-Club <>
Subject: Fw: A petition for the shorebird program
From: Bob Rusk <>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 14:04:09 -0800 (PST)

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Mike & Rose <>
To: Edith & Joy London Foundation <>
Cc: john nelson <>; "Thompson, Greg" <>; colin ashford <>; Jodie Dunn <>; Judith Carroll <>; Barbara + John Smith <>; Barbara Liddle <>; Bob Rusk <>; Carmel Cox <>; Carolyn Learoyd <>; Cecelia Bradley <>; Chris Brandis <>; Chris Forster <>; Chris Louis <>; Chris Shinton <>; David Swarts <>; Deb Forster <>; Sybille + Don Davidson <>; Eric Hardinge <>; Frances Bray <>; Carla Jackett <>; Ian Brown <>; Jack Robertson <>; Jane Chadwick <>; Jen Clarke <>; Jenny Bryant & John Olsen <>; Jensen + Linda Ruehle <>; Joan Lonergan <>; John Perkins <>; John Rooney <>; Judy & Graeme Watson <>; Kallista Buchanan <>; Karen and Brett Davis <>; Karen Davis <>; Kay & Ken Smith <>; Kaye Milsom <>; Leo Cimador <>; Louise and Chris <>; Maggie Mance <>; Maree + Stuart Menzies <>; Margaret Hamon <>; Margaret Webber <>; Maureen Webb <>; Meryl Hannan <>; Midge Martin <>; Mike Abramowitz <>; Narelle and Alan Wright <>; Nicole Ison <>; Norm Webb <>; Peter & Kathy Lymbery <>; Peter Ward <>; 'Rae Riley' <>; Rex Worrell <>; Robin Teding van Berkhout <>; Robyn Kerves <>; Roger Truscott <>; Roy Harvey <>; Sandra Dodimead <>; Stan Brown <>; Sue Ferguson <>; Susan Patrick <>; Teena <>; terrill nordstrom <>; Terry & Carol McBride <>; Thomas Kaar <>; Yvonne Jenkins <>
Sent: Thursday, 3 January 2013 11:56 PM
Subject: A petition for the shorebird program

     Hello!
I've started a petition to the Shoalhaven, Eurobodalla & Bega Valley Councils & NSW Government asking that they reaffirm support for the Shorebird Recovery Program . Your help will get it off the ground and make it a success.
We've had a few specific issues here at Cudmirrah-Berrara-Sussex Inlet this season and there's a small local endeavour to discredit and even terminate aspects of the program. It's obvious many of us feel some sense of isolation and whilst often rewarded by the work, we despair at the senseless resistance we experience from a small section of the community. Although motivated by some of these negatives it is intended to rise above and make explicit the program's core values and practices.
Please move it on to others who use our beaches and are happy to share with efforts to protect threatened beach nesting birds.
Here's the link:
Sign this petition to indicate your support for the Shorebird Recovery Program, its volunteers and the measures it employs to protect threatened species.
You can sign the petition by clicking here.
Thanks!
Mike Clear