canberrabirds

Big Year 2012 Congratulations

To: "'Scott Ryan'" <>, <>
Subject: Big Year 2012 Congratulations
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 09:08:34 +1100

G’day Scott and all,

Do you know what Brendan’s “top” species were?

Just out of curiosity, are there any rules or “governing bodies” that vet records for these sorts of exercises or is the whole thing done on “trust”? I know when I have done “twitchathons” that there are rules to be followed, and that teams I have been in have followed these rules completely. Does anyone know what the OFFICIAL record is for the ACT, where records of vagrants etc have been through the rarities committee?

So far my ACT 2013 list is ............... Australian Magpie and Pied Currawong but I did sleep in this morning – I can hear a Common Blackbird calling, does that count?. That’s 208 (207 with the blackbird) to go to beat Brendan ....!!!

Happy New Year all,

Mark