canberrabirds

Re: Lake George (again)

To: "'Erika Roper'" <>, "'canberrabirds'" <>
Subject: Re: Lake George (again)
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:21:06 +1000
Hi Erika,

I'd suggest to you female Flame Robin. Based on shape (other species are more round bodied or sit rather dumpy looking), wing markings, white outer tail feathers, no reddish colour on breast or top of head. Also it is probably the most likely (common) robin species at that location at this time. It is not such a dodgy photo, I would be happy with that, if I had a camera. We are over stimulated with great photos these days.