canberrabirds

Sea eagle over Can-turf fields/FSPonds

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Sea eagle over Can-turf fields/FSPonds
From: Lindell <>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 15:24:17 +1000
Julian wrote:-

I don’t want to steal all Sue Lashko’s survey report thunder but it turned out to be a very interesting morning.  When I first arrived mid-morning I walked through the whole front paddock with nothing but Noisy Miners, Starlings, Rosellas and Magpies to be seen, and plenty of the first two.  When we came back around noon it was a different story with one highlight being two Sea Eagles (adult + imm) gliding low over the front paddock as we munched our Easter buns amongst the mosquitos.

11:15 real time - This lone W-b S-e was cruising over the Fyshwick end of the Can-turf fields-cum FSPonds seen from outside the Cygnus hide and as it turned and headed back towards Pialago it was hotly pursued by a magpie. Whether it was the same one seen at Newline without junior we wont know but there was definately just the one bird.

Inline image 1

Lindell

Griffith
ACT