canberrabirds

Cuckoo ID please , and two Sea Eagles

To: "'canberrabirds chatline'" <>
Subject: Cuckoo ID please , and two Sea Eagles
From: "Steve Holliday" <>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 15:17:23 +1000

Hi Julian

Agree, definitely Brush Cuckoo, most likely a barred morph adult but I guess it could possibly be a first year bird that hasn’t quite moulted all of its juvenile plumage. Have seen barred morph birds on the NSW south coast a couple of times, but not in the ACT. Apparently much scarcer than normal Brush Cuckoos so nice find.

Cheers

Steve