canberrabirds

King Parrot dy in Hughes

To: <>
Subject: King Parrot dy in Hughes
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 09:25:03 +1100
Yes, seems to be  a good year for them.  Not over the last few days, but
during the couple of weeks before that we had a family with very noisy
young, rather like begging Galahs but louder.  The mystery is where the
nesting was.  One possibility is that adults nesting  in the hills now
quickly bring young to the suburbs where they know the feeding opportunities
-  perhaps using the same backyard feeders over successive seasons.  Great
learners, parrots and cockatoos.  Good crop of Catalpa beans coming up for
April, in fact suburban streets and gardens will have a stack of feed this
Autumn.