canberrabirds

2012 bird surveys at new Lyneham and Dickson wetlands

To: <>
Subject: 2012 bird surveys at new Lyneham and Dickson wetlands
From: "Sue-Ellen and Ray" <>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 08:20:29 +1100
Hi All  – Following on from Terry’s briefing on the Lyneham/Dickson wetlands I would like to let people know that I have agreed to do the bird survey for the ACT Govt for the new Banksia Street wetland (developed about two-three years ago) in Lyneham (adjacent to the tennis courts) and will start during January 2012. Banksia is more established than Dickson or Lyneham with the grasses and reeds to a reasonable height. It suffers from being so close to the road and is only a very small area so difficult to draw a boundary and say this the zone for the bird count. At this stage there are only 2 wood ducks plus some chicks but quite a few birds in amongst the surrounding trees.

Please let me know if you would like to join me for this task.

Ray Comer