canberrabirds

COG's bird blitz

To: "'canberrabirds'" <>
Subject: COG's bird blitz
From: "Barbara Allan" <>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 21:01:42 +1100

A penultimate message concerning the blitz this weekend. Yes it will be on, despite the promised showers. Hopefully there will be sufficient dry spells to enable us to get in some worthwhile birding. There has been a rush of enthusiasm for some of the sites mentioned as requiring takers. I have not updated the Excel spreadsheet as it appears some of your web browsers actually can’t access it. Most of the out-of-town sites have now been spoken for, with the exception (surprise surprise) of Mt Tennent. The river crossings – Uriarra and Point Hut especially – could do with attention, as could several urban locations, such as Black Mountain and Mt Mugga Mugga. North Mulligans Flat is still vacant. And the various inlets around Lake BG might be worth a look – bitterns in Acacia Inlet, perhaps, or Pied Cormorants at Aspen Island?  Just do what you can safely do – participation is important, and even a survey in your backyard or nearby park or nature reserve would be very valuable in helping us compile a snapshot of the birdlife of our territory over the coming weekend. And pls remember that if you submit your records electronically, tell me by email when you have done so (so we can locate the entries in case you mistook the date)  and if you wish, the names of the people who surveyed with you (so they can be added to the lucky draw participation prizes).  Happy birding, everyone.