canberrabirds

SPACES AVAILABLE - COG pelagics from Eden this weekend

To: <>
Subject: SPACES AVAILABLE - COG pelagics from Eden this weekend
From: Daniel Mantle <>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:32:39 +0100
Hi All,

Sorry for the very late notice but there are several spaces available on both the Saturday and Sunday pelagics that COG has organised from Eden this weekend.

The boat will leave at 6am both mornings with the aim of reaching the edge of continental shelf as early as possible. We will return between 2-3pm both days - thus leaving just enough time to be back in Canberra for the rugby world cup final on Sunday evening.

October is one of the key months for pelagic birding as migration is in full swing during this period so just about anything could turn up - the diversity of shearwaters and petrels normally peaks in October and some albatross should still be around too (particularly Shy Albatross).

I can also help with a lift down if that helps - I want to be in Eden by 6.30pm on Friday and will return on Sunday afternoon.

We usually meet as a group at 7pm at the Fishermans Club in Eden for dinner (both Friday and Saturday), so this adds to the social fun of the weekend.

If anyone wants more information, please email me asap.

Cheers Dan (0413554500)

ps - the weather is looking very kind and gentle seas are predicted