canberrabirds

RE:Of Walruses and Cauliflowers of ceiling wax and string...

To: terry gourlay <>
Subject: RE:Of Walruses and Cauliflowers of ceiling wax and string...
From: Denis Wilson <>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:36:45 +1000
Hi Terry

Wonderful image, but such a strange pose in full daylight.
What was it thinking?

Denis

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:30 AM, terry gourlay <> wrote:
Hi All,
          Went canoeing up Jerrabomberra Ck this  Monday Afternoon,Overcast but a few reasonable sightings..three certainly and four probably Nankeen night Herons...Must be a bit of a shock for them to see the senseless destruction of the Willows..What are these stupid Eco Nazis doing?...not too many other birds,except three Caspian Terns flying North down the River,a glitter of Gold Finches and...A lovely Really Sooty grey Female B.Goshawk...a real beauty almost Melanistic,but a lovely golden eye ring...Seeing lots of night Birds,in my Peregrinations returning from the flash pots of Queanbeyan am seeing Owlet Nightjars in the wee small hours close to the Mt.Ainslie turn off...interesting,I met an Asian Lady living in Moncrieff,said she had an odd bird that was living with her...Talk about tame! about two AM I was able to brush past this little Beauty could have touched it!,in the morning I photographed him(Her?),hope it comes out OK...Regards,Terry Gourlay.