canberrabirds

scarlet robin

To: <>
Subject: scarlet robin
From: MJ and ME <>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 20:24:56 +1000
G'day All,

    Over the past week there have been between three and four male Flame Robins calling and chasing each other along the bike track to the north of the RSPCA in Weston Creek. Track also runs along north side of the Equestrian Park but I have not seen them that far East. I have been along the track most mornings through out winter (between RSPCA and the dam) and this past week is the first time I have seen and heard the Flame Robins.  I did think I saw a Scarlet Robin on Wednesday but did not have binos with me. I will keep an eye out for Scarlets from now on.

    I have also seen a couple of Speckled Warblers in the same area, north of the RSPCA.

Michael Kingsford

Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 19:28:13 +1000
Subject: [canberrabirds] scarlet robin

We saw a scarlet robin in Curtin horse paddock not a flame robin. I’m not sure that I have ever seen a flame robin in Curtin but I have seen them at Yankee hat.

Judy