canberrabirds

Parrots at Kippax

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Parrots at Kippax
From: "John Layton" <>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 16:56:20 +1000

Inspired by Daryl King’s post of July 18, I looked about at rear of Kippax shops for Superb Parrots yesterday and today but no luck. However today, just over the road from Kippax on edge of playing fields, I counted a feeding flock of 27 Red-rumped Parrots. I often see Red-rumped Parrots there but usually groups of about four to six. However flocks of 15 to 20-plus are not a rare occurrence on the short-mown grass areas adjacent to the barbeques at McDermott Place. Lake Ginninderra.

John Layton

Holt.