canberrabirds

Sun Conure in South/west Belconnen?

To: "'Marissa'" <>, <>
Subject: Sun Conure in South/west Belconnen?
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 13:49:53 +1000
Hello Marissa,

About "I too am worried about anyone finding him wanting to keep him -"
Yes that is understandable but probably a better outcome for his
survival and maybe even eventual return to you (if your notices work)
than any of the other perils you quite correctly understand and your
bird probably does not. And yes it is true that "birdwatchers are
probably the best people to ask about unusual bird sightings". The Sun
Conure is a striking looking bird I have seen several in Canberra. I
always have believed that all birdwatchers should at various times go
and have a look at the pet shops and go to places like the Gold Creek
aviary to just see what are some of the varieties of captive birds that
they might come across at any time in the suburbs. I addressed the issue
about escaped pets and their frequency of GBS observations of them in
The GBS Report and no, the Sun Conure was not mentioned!