canberrabirds

Honeyeater Migration

To: "'martin butterfield'" <>, "COG-L" <>
Subject: Honeyeater Migration
From: "Lindsay Hansch" <>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 09:37:20 +1000

Ooops! Freudian slip

From: martin butterfield [
Sent: Friday, 8 April 2011 5:28 PM
To: Lindsay Hansch
Subject: Re: [canberrabirds] Honeyeater Migration

Yellow-faced?

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Lindsay Hansch <> wrote:

It’s been a great honeyeater day today at Jerrabomberra (NSW).  I estimate that we have seen 3000 per hour (based on flock size and frequency) from 10am until mid afternoon.  Most have been Yellow-rumped, as you would expect, with a few White-naped.  Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were relatively quiet with scattered flocks passing through throughout the days.  I suspect the predominantly easternly wind over those days was the reason for the lower numbers.

Regards

Lindsay Hansch