canberrabirds

Spotted (Turtle) Doves

To: "Alberta Hayes" <>
Subject: Spotted (Turtle) Doves
From: "Peter Ormay" <>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:13:03 +1100
Hi Alberta,
I think the myna trap would be effective for catching STDs. It would just need baiting with something they like. The entrances may need enlarging a bit for feral pigeons but I consider STDs a far more serious threat than FPs.

I trapped about 50 mynas at my place in the first year or so after the myna trap became available about 4 years ago and I have only seen one here in the last 18months. I would certainly be trying to trap STDs if they were in my area and it would not be distracting my attention from any mynas that showed up. I would just change the bait to suit the species that was around.
Regards
Peter