canberrabirds

Spotted Doves

To: "'John Layton'" <>
Subject: Spotted Doves
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 17:57:44 +1100
John,

I was being entirely personal, so anyone may disagree entirely and be just as correct. I had my first 21 years in Melbourne and with family still there I visit regularly. Inner suburbs there have less variety of birds than Canberra has and it is hard to get away from the endless cooing of the STD. It is not overly annoying as a sound until it becomes so endless, that is the only real annoyance to me. If it was a native I would probably be more forgiving. Crested Pigeons by comparison are quiet, with only an occasional whoop.