canberrabirds

A trap for senile players

To: COG List <>
Subject: A trap for senile players
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:20:47 +1100
While on a jog on Widgiewa Rd this morning I heard an unusual call.  It sounded like a combination of Yellow-tailed Black-cockatoo (quite common out here) and Little Corella (rather unusual out here).  I thus paused my athletic endeavours and scanned the surrounding vegetation.  Eventually a small goat emerged from behind a pine tree!  This immediately called to mind the number of times I have investigated bizarre bird calls in North America and found it to be various species of squirrel.

I have received a copy of the latest hard copy catalogue from B & H Photovideo.  I will not use it (I check their on line catalogue if in the market for kit of that nature) but if anyone would like this tome (about the size of the Canberra White pages) to study what is being offered in a large market I would be happy to make arrangements to pass it over. Otherwise it will be recycled.

Martin