canberrabirds

Renewal after fire: Bushfire management workshop

To: <>
Subject: Renewal after fire: Bushfire management workshop
From: "Tony Lawson" <>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:09:26 +1100
This may be of interest to some of you:
Renewal after fire: Bushfire management workshop
When:
Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 February, 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
Venue: Tuggerong Community Centre, 245 Cowlishaw St, Greenway, ACT
Limited places: RSVP by Friday January 28, Anne Miehs on 9516 1488 or

You're invited to join the Nature Conservation Council of NSW for an informative two day workshop exploring the recovery of the natural environment following the Canberra bushfires in 2003 which burned almost 70% of the ACT. The strategies that native flora and fauna use to recover from large bushfires will be described by expert speakers from the CSIRO, ACT National Parks Association, ACT Parks, NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service, Conservation and Lands and the Australian National Botanic Gardens. In addition, changes that were made to fire management planning following the Canberra fires will be discussed.
On Sunday, there will be a field trip to Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve to inspect sites that show good recovery and areas where restoration has been slow.
Lunch and afternoon tea will be provided.

Anne

--
Anne Miehs
Bushfire Project Officer (Mon - Thurs)

Nature Conservation Council of NSW
Level 2/5 Wilson Street, Newtown NSW 2042
Ph:  (02) 9516 1488
New Fax: (02) 8026 8301
Email: m("nccnsw.org.au","amiehs");">
Web: www.nccnsw.org.au

Help protect the water we drink, the air we breathe and the places we love.
Please visit www.nccnsw.org.au/support to make a donation.