canberrabirds

new reserves in NSW

To: Mark Clayton <>
Subject: new reserves in NSW
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 09:18:22 +1100
Let us hope that the Government also gave the NPWS some resources to manage these Reserves.

Otherwise it gets to the situation of the US Parks Service in the reign of James G Watt (1980s).  The US Parks Service was starved of funds so couldn't maintain the Parks.  In speeches by the then President (Reagan) this was used to criticise the Service and further reduce funds.

Every time I mention the parlous state of the various NSW Parks and Reserves around this area I am told "Yes, but the staff don't have the time or funds to do anything."   Given the likely election of a Liberal Government (probably with a few Nationals and Shooters party folk) this sounds a bit like deja vu all over again.

Martin