canberrabirds

Impacts of rain on breeding success?

To: Barbara Allan <>
Subject: Impacts of rain on breeding success?
From: Robin Hide <>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 14:11:40 +1100
To follow-up Michael's observation on koels in Ainslie ("brief, fleeting appearances this year"). This has been very much the case in our part of Ainslie around Corroboree Park, totally unlike the last few years when barely a day passed without hearing them. From our house, I've only heard one call briefly once in the distance, though a friend on the other side (Campbell St) of the Park reported hearing them a couple of times or so. And I've only had one sighting about two weeks ago: of a male calling midmorning, 2 m up in a small tree in a backyard in Wakefield Gardens at the Ainslie Shops.
Robin Hide