canberrabirds

Walk next Wednesday

To: COG List <>
Subject: Walk next Wednesday
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 09:27:43 +1100
The walk scheduled for next Wednesday to Callum Brae is confirmed.  The weather looks to be quite good so meet at the usual gate on Narrabundah  Lane at 9am.. (NB: the reference to another entry point in Gang-gang was a brain fade by this author.  Notices will be posted there to redirect folk to the correct and better spot!)

I have been asked to warn people that conditions in the reserve are very damp, and I suspect will continue to be so.  Also the goshawk appears to be moving her operations around, so I would suggest that everyone wears a hat at least.  Perhaps a largish group may intimidate her (joke: I think they intimidate as easily as Fox Terriers)!

On the subject of dampness I have come across a set of images of Queanbeyan in the floods of 1974 and 1976 which may be of interest.
http://queanbeyan.ses.nsw.gov.au/mambo/index.php?set_albumName=album09&id=Queens_Bridge_Oct_76&option=com_gallery&Itemid=49&include=view_photo.php

Martin