canberrabirds

Campbell Park ID query

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Campbell Park ID query
From: Robin Hide <>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 17:10:53 +1100
This morning in Campbell Park I saw this bird which I think is a female Rufous Whistler-I'ld be grateful for confirmation or suggestions.
Cp1

Cp2

Other birds of interest in Campbell Park - a Grey Currawong busily eating mainly immature Native Cherry fruit; pair of Dusky Woodswallows apparently chasing off a Black-faced Cuckoo Shrike.
On the W side of Mt Ainslie, a goshawk-sized raptor carrying small prey in the distance- and this afternoon, lured out to the garden by a GangGang calling from a powerline, saw a Collared Sparrowhawk carrying small prey spiralling down overhead to take refuge in a neighbours tree (Ainslie) pursued by a magpie lark - Ganggang and other birds expressed loud disapproval and Sh disappeared elsewhere.

Robin Hide