canberrabirds

Swift Parrots still there.

To: <>
Subject: Swift Parrots still there.
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:05:52 +1000
I went back there twice today about 10:30 and 12:30. Second time I watched one SP very closely and mostly in the open in the same tree as before. Definitely a different bird from the one seen on Saturday. As shown by the different (pale) beak colour, duller and less blue on the crown and much more splotchy red on the flanks and face. It is hard to interpret that combination from what HANZAB says. Whilst there saw two other SP fly by. There was constant chattering noises from what I think were SP in the adjacent trees but in spite of searching, I could not see any birds there where the sound was coming from.